The Dirt King long travel kit was developed to drastically improve the vehicles off-road handling without compromising its day to day driving characteristics. This suspension system allows for 13.5” of travel and accepts up to a 37” tire. The kit is compatible with 2WD models and 4WD models along with the purchase of extended axle shafts. Our upper and lower arms are designed with 1” stainless steel uniballs for the outer pivots instead of ball joints for strength and increased articulation. This kit is the first of its kind, it’s a complete bolt on application with no cutting or welding to the frame on 4WD models. The suspension system was originally developed for Ram Trucks new concept vehicle, the Ram Rebel TRX which was released in mid-2016. After its amazing performance we decided to put the kit in production and make it available to the public!
- Wheel Travel: 13.5”
- Amount of Lift: 0-4”
- Track Width: 3” wider per side
- Maximum Tire Size: 37”
- Maximum Backspacing: 4.75”
- Minimum Rim Size: 17”
- Coil over Shock Size: 2.5” x 8”
- Compatible with Sway Bar: Yes (DK-541955)
To achieve the full amount of travel on 4WD models the inner CV’s must be machined for more articulation. We offer several services for machining CV’s and complete axle assembly. Click here to view the services we offer and additional information on CV machining.
The 2WD frames are identical to the 4WD frames with the exception of the coil bucket location. On the 2WD models the coil buckets must be replaced with our shock towers (DK-541908-ST) in order to fit the proper size shocks. Our shock towers come preassembled with instructions making the installation as easy as possible.
ShocksThis suspension system must be installed with shocks built to our specifications. Within the “specs” tab we provided the PDF showing how they need to be built. The shocks are also available for purchase through Dirt King Fabrication and include proprietary internal valving for optimal performance.
When shopping long travel kits many consumers tend to focus just on travel numbers. This is the reason many companies claim inaccurate numbers or don’t disclose the amount of work involved to achieve these numbers. Our goal is to build a suspension system with the highest amount of wheel travel without requiring major modifications to the vehicle or compromising its overall drivability.
Tire InfoWhen using 37” tires with this kit modifications to the wheel well will need to be made. For more information refer to our installation instructions.
- Boxed plate upper control arms
- Boxed plate lower control arms
- 8" quad wrapped limit straps
- Bolt on adjustable limit strap mounts
- 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers
- 17-4 stainless steel tie rod extensions
- DOT approved extended brake lines
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Complete bolt on application, no modifications required
- Utilizes American made FK bearings
- 4130 chromoly uniball cups
- Delrin bushings for the UCA’s & LCA’s
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Grease fittings for easy servicing
- 3/16" and 1/8” boxed plate construction
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Ability to adapt factory sway bar
- Limit strap tabbing
2009-2012 Ram 1500 2WD / 4WD
*Please contact us if you plan on installing this kit with lift spindles or a bracket lift.