2015-18 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 4x4 5.5" Suspension System
2015-18 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 4x4
5.5" Suspension System
Zone Offroad 2015-18 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 5.5" Suspension Lift.
This new suspension system for the redesigned Colorado has passed the FMVSS126 test for stability control compliance. To properly lift the new Colorado/Canyon suspension 5.5", we started with new ductile cast iron steering knuckles. The new knuckles position the critical steering and control arm mounting location and work in harmony with the heavy-duty fabricated crossmembers. Along with new crossmembers, the provided differential drop brackets lower and reposition the front differential for correct CV shaft angles and still allow for use of the factory front driveshaft.
Speaking of the front driveshaft, a spacer is included to adjust the length and retain optimum CV joint position. A full width differential skid plate protects the relocated differential from the underside and ties the front and rear crossmembers together. Moving up, the factory struts are retained and relocated with top spacers to gain the full 5.5" of lift. The top spacers do not require any strut disassembly and properly angle and position the struts to eliminate binding through wheel travel. Extended sway bar links, bump stop extensions and brake line relocation are also included to make this a complete kit.
In the rear, a new block and U-bolt kit provided 4" of lift to level out the rear with the front. Rear Zone Hydro or Nitro shock options are available.
The NHTSA's Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No.126 requires all new passenger vehicles to include Electronic Stability Control (ESC) systems that meet certain standards that can be tested through a comprehensive series of evasive maneuvers. Aftermarket products must meet these standards as well.
Zone Offroad Products is leading the industry by independently testing all suspension kits to verify the kits are fully compliant with the stability control system requirements set by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 126.
Featured Technology & Benefits
- Over 90% Made in the USA
- FMVSS No. 126 Compliant
- Massive Ductile Cast Iron Steering Knuckles
- Heavy Duty Fabricated Crossmembers
- Front Differential Relocation System to Correct CV Shaft Angles
- Allows the Use of Factory Driveshafts
- Front Driveshaft Extension Included - Designed to Add Length and Retain Optimum CV Joint Position
- Heavy Duty Full Width Differential Skid Plate
- Full Height Front Strut Spacers
- Top Mounted Strut Spacer Design Eliminates Binding through Wheel Travel
- No Strut Disassembly Required
- Extended Sway Bar Links
- Bump Stop Extensions
- Brake Line Relocation Brackets
- Optional Weld-On Steering Stops Included to Allow a Wider Range of Wheel/Tire Combinations
- Rear Block and U-Bolt Setup
- High Strength Black Powdercoat Finish
- Designed for a More Level Stance
- Will work with aftermarket 17" Wheels
- Maintains Factory Ride Quality and Handling Characteristics
- Works with the Factory Stabilitrak System
- Includes Detailed, Easy-to-Follow Installation Instructions
- Limited Lifetime Warranty Included
- Free Registration for 560plus.com Supplimental Drivetrain Warranty Included
- Designed and Tested by our Full-Time Team of Engineers, Offroad Enthusiasts, and Certified Mechanics.
- *Kit images show upgraded Nitro (black) shocks*
- Inner fender trimming may be required.
- Minor welding required for steering stops when combined with certain tire/wheel combinations - see installation instructions
- The factory Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) is sensitive to out-of-round, out-of-balance, overly aggressive tires. Depending on the situation, some oscillating feedback in the steering wheel maybe experienced
- Fits Gas and Diesel models
- Factory wheels cannot be reinstalled
- Will not fit ZR2 Models
This product fits the following applications:
- 15-18 Chevy Colorado 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 15-18 GMC Canyon 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2015 Chevy Colorado 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2016 Chevy Colorado 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2017 Chevy Colorado 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2018 Chevy Colorado 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2015 GMC Canyon 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2017 GMC Canyon 4WD Gas/Diesel
- 2018 GMC Canyon 4WD Gas/Diesel
- Front Lift Height: 5.5″
- Front Lift Method: Top Strut Spacer
- Rear Lift Height: 4″
- Rear Lift Method: Block Kit
- Install Time Hrs: 8
- Difficulty Level 1-5: 4
- Wheel Size: 17x8
- Back Spacing: 4.5″
- Max Tire Size: 295/70R17
- Wheel Size: 20x9
- Back Spacing: 5.25″
- Max Tire Size: 305/55R20
To the original retail purchaser, Zone Offroad Products guarantees all its products are free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as that purchaser owns the vehicle on which such products were originally installed. Warranty coverage does not include consumer opinions about such areas as ride comfort, fitment and design.
Products that wear out or fail due to the use of larger wheels or tires are not covered under this warranty by Zone OffRoad Products. Products installed on a vehicle used in any form of competition or racing are not covered by this warranty. The warranty on commercial application vehicles shall extend only 1 year. No warranty is available on items subject to normal wear and replacement.
Shock oil seals are subject to wear over time, and use. Therefore, are not covered under warranty. However leaking shock seals less than one year from date of purchase, free from contamination, damage, or abnormal seal wear due to misuse can be considered for Warranty.
This Limited Lifetime Warranty does not apply to products characterized by one or more of the following:
- Products that have been subject to abuse, neglect, accident, fire, improper installation or adjustment, and corrosion.
- Products that have been modified or altered outside of or beyond Zone OffRoad Products
- Products used in application other than those recommended in the current Zone OffRoad Products catalog or web site or in the instructions accompanying the Zone OffRoad Products product.
- Products that are used for competition or racing activities. This Limited Lifetime Warranty does not include polyurethane components, product finish and conditions caused by normal wear and use.
In a situation where a Zone OffRoad Products product is found to contain a defect in material or workmanship within the stated warranty period (unless caused by one or more of the above stated conditions), Zone OffRoad Products, at its option, will either replace the product or repair the product. To make a claim under this Limited Lifetime Warranty, purchaser must:
- Contact the original place of purchase for further instruction. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number is required for warranty claims. The RMA number must be displayed on the outside of the product's package.
- Include the original purchase receipt (or copy) indicating the place of purchase, date of purchase, and amount paid,
- Return the product, freight prepaid, as instructed by the original place of purchase. Zone Offroadand Overland Protocol are not responsible for freight charges.
NOTICE: If a replacement part is needed before the part in question can be returned, you must first purchase the replacement part. Then, if the part in question is deemed warrantable, you will be credited/refunded.
Freight charges, installation cost, labor cost, damage to related components, cost incurred due to down time of vehicle, normal wear and tear, lost profits and incidental or consequential damages are not covered under this lifetime warranty.
This Limited Lifetime Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary from state to state. There are no warranties expressed or implied (including any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness), which extend beyond this Limited Lifetime Warranty described herein.
NOTICE: Zone OffRoad Products strongly recommends installation of products be done by a certified mechanic. If this does not occur be certain the person(s) installing the product read understand and follow all instructions and warnings pertaining to the application before installation. Installation instructions are also available prior to your purchase.
WARNING: Zone OffRoad Products does not recommend the use of a body lift in conjunction with a suspension lift 'Kit' or 'System'.
PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING
Installation of suspension lift kits or any other lifting kits or devices will raise the center of gravity. For this reason, Zone OffRoad Products urges that extreme caution be used when encountering driving conditions which may cause vehicle imbalance. Furthermore, the driver's field of vision and judgment will not be as good due to the height of the vehicle. Due to the installation of larger tires, the speedometer will read slower than the actual speed being traveled and more distance will be required to stop the vehicle. It is the owner's responsibility to caution and warn any potential driver of the vehicle about these driving and handling conditions.
Zone OffRoad Products will not be held liable or responsible for damages or personal injuries resulting from the use of lifting devices and/or related products. The tires and rims should be changed to sufficiently increase the vehicle's total overall width and stability to help accommodate lifting devices.
Zone OffRoad Products also recommends that the steering system on lifted vehicles be appropriately corrected to reduce steering stress and angles. Once completed, the vehicle should be inspected by a professional mechanic including such areas as the steering system, brake system, speedometer re calibration, and clearance, for tire and suspension travel and tightness of all installed products. Every Zone OffRoad Products suspension kit includes a "Driver Warning" decal and the literature explaining this information which should be read and understood completely before driving, and the decal should be placed in a position clearly visible by the driver and all occupants.
NOTICE: Most states have some type of law limiting vehicle height. The amount of lift allowed, and how the lift can be achieved, varies greatly. Several states offer exemptions for farm and commercial registered vehicles. It is the vehicle owner's responsibility to check state and local laws to ensure that their vehicle will be in compliance.
Zone OffRoad Products reserves the right to make changes in design, materials, specifications and product changes as deemed necessary without prior notice and without assuming and obligation to modify any product previously manufactured. Obligation or liabilities will not be assumed with respect to similar products.
All Zone OffRoad Products material is copyrighted.
Zone Tow Strap Warranty
Zone tow straps are GUARANTEED FOR LIFE against breakage. If you snap one of these straps, return it with the original purchase receipt and we will replace it!
We cannot warrant against straps that have failed due to sharp objects or cuts or normal wear and tear. This warranty does not cover shipping and handling.
We Also Recommend
ZONC9950 3” REAR BUMPER RELOCATION BRACKETS 1988-1998 CHEVROLET/GMC 1500 TRUCKS
ZONC9919 3” REAR BUMPER RELOCATION BRACKETS 2008-2012 CHEVROLET COLORADO / 2008-2012 GMC CANYON
ZONC9909 1.5” REAR BUMPER RELOCATION BRACKETS 2007-2013 CHEVROLET/GMC 1500 TRUCKS
ZONC9908 1.5” REAR BUMPER RELOCATION BRACKETS 1999-2006 CHEVROLET/GMC 1500 TRUCKS