2014-2018 Chevy / GMC 1/2 Ton Pickup 4WD 6" Suspension System | Chevy/GMC 1500 4WD
Important Kit Notes
- *IMPORTANT*: GM is producing several knuckle/control arm configurations in 2014-2017 models trucks. Cast Steel control arm equipped models will require the "Cast Steel Control Arm" kit. Stamped Steel and Aluminum control arm equipped models will require the "Aluminum Control Arm" kit. Be sure to verify which factory control arms your truck has before ordering by referecing our help images when customizing your kit.
- 1. Strut compressor required
- 2. Requires frame bracket modification
- 3. Requires differential modification to clear electric power steering
- 4. Vehicles came from the factory with several knuckle/control arm configurations requiring specific kit selections. Be sure to reference the important notes and images above to determine the correct control arm selection for your application.
- 5. Will not fit MagneRide magnetic ride control equipped models
- 6. Factory 17" and 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled due to tie rod end interference
- 7. If choosing the 5" rear block option, optional add-a-leaf #111209 is recommended for a more level/tail high stance on crew cab models.
- 8. IMPORTANT! When selecting Upper Control Arms - For 14-18 year models, this kit will ONLY work on vehicles with OE Cast Steel Arms.
CRITICAL SELECTION: Factory Control Arm Type
*IMPORTANT*: GM is producing several knuckle/control arm configurations in 2014-2018 models trucks. Cast Steel control arm equipped models will require the "Cast Steel Control Arm" kit. Stamped Steel and Aluminum control arm equipped models will require the "Aluminum Control Arm" kit. Be sure to verify which factory control arms your truck has before ordering by referencing the help images in each tab below.
NON-CRITICAL SELECTION: Rear Lift Type
Choose from a rear block kit or BDS Glide-Ride leaf springs for reduced axle wrap and to create a more controlled and stable feel when towing.
NON-CRITICAL SELECTION: Rear Shock Selection
Choose between the custom valved NX² series or the Fox 2.0 series gas charged monotube rear shocks.
NON-CRITICAL SELECTION: Rear Add-A-Leaf Kit
If you chose the 5" rear block option, this optional add-a-leaf kit is recommended for a more level/tail high stance on crew cab models.
NON-CRITICAL SELECTION: Upper Control Arms
IMPORTANT! For 14-18 year models, this kit will ONLY work on vehicles with OE Cast Steel Arms.
NON-CRITICAL SELECTION: Traction Bar Selection
Choose to add a set of BDS traction bars to your order
BDS Suspension 6" Suspension Lift for the new 2014-18 Chevy/GMC 1500 4wd.
This new suspension system utilizes the tried and true high-clearance IFS suspension design that has made BDS the preferred suspension lift for the 1/2 ton GM trucks.
At the heart of the new lift are the ductile cast iron replacement steering knuckles and high-clearance, full width lower control arm crossmembers. These components establish a suspension geometry that not only performs well on and off road but is compliant with the factory traction control systems. The suspension also works seamlessly with the newly redesigned electric power steering system that is standard on the new 2014-17 models.
The front differential is relocated for proper angles at the CV axles and allowing for the use of the stock front driveshaft. A 3-piece differential drop system keeps the differential secure and the 3-piece front skid plate system keeps the underside protected on those offroad excursions.
Full replacement front struts provide the lift in the front. Replacement front tie rod ends and sway bar links round out the front system. In the back, a block and u-bolt setup levels the rear with the front.
For the ultimate performance package, the option for front Fox Coilovers with rear Fox 2.0 shocks is available.
- Tire & Wheel Combinations
- 33" x 12.50" w/17 x 8 and 4.5" back spacing
- 34" x 12.50" w/18 x 9 and 5" back spacing
- 35" x 12.50" w/20 x 9 and 5.75" back spacing
*Trimming may be required*
- Est. Installation: 8 hours
- Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 4
- View complete Vehicle Fitment Information here
BDS Suspension Lift Kit Warranty
All BDS Suspension lift kits come with the security of knowing you purchased the finest lift kit in the aftermarket suspension industry. We back our commitment to engineering reliable, quality 4x4 off-road Jeep and truck suspension products with our unique "No BS Hardcore Lifetime Warranty".
If you are the original purchaser of any BDS lift kit and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.